For information on claiming a scholarship, please visit the Monetary & Scholarship Claims page.
Anyone interested in sponsoring a scholarship should contact Andrea Spencer (Fair Director) at (515)-460-5559 or Andrea Spencer.
SSTFI Senior High Division Scholarships
NEW for 2012 - the top scholarships in Senior High will no longer be designated Individual or Team.
The SSTFI Board of Directors voted to change the top award structure to recognize the Top PROJECTS regardless of individual or team designations.
This policy change is inacted to better align our award structure with that of the Intel International Science & Engineering Fair.
- $1500 General Scholarship - Grand Champion = 1st Place PROJECT Overall
- $1200 General Scholarship - Champion = 2nd Place PROJECT Overall
- $1000 General Scholarshop - Reserve Champion = 3rd Place PROJECT Overall
- $500 (*3) General Scholarship (up to 3 awarded) - Grand Honorable Mention = up to 3 PROJECTS named
- These scholarships are to be applied to tuition expenses at colleges or universities of their choice. Teams will split scholarship money.
- In addition, students will be awarded within their category (individuals and teams will be awarded together within category). Teams will split prize money.
- 1st place in Category (Individual or Team) = Blue Rosette and $75.00
- 2nd place in Category (Individual or Team) = Red Rosette and $50.00
- 3rd place in Category (Individual or Team) = White Rosette and $25.00
- 4th place in Category (Individual or Team) = Pink Rosette and Merchandise Prize
- Honorable Mention in Category (Individuals and/or Teams) = Honorable Mention Rosette
ALL general Senior High awards, including category awards, will be awarded Saturday during the Grand Award Ceremony.
**** Total General Scholarships Awarded = $7110 ****
Expense Paid Trip to the Intel International Science & Engineering Fair
- The top THREE PROJECTS (new for 2011) in Senior High and their sponsoring adults will receive an expense paid trip to the Intel International Science and Engineering Fair. This is regardless of team/individual.
- Two student observers will be selected from the Senior High in 9th grade - they and their sponsoring adult will receive an expense paid trip to the Intel International Science and Engineering Fair. These two students could be a team of two or two individuals.
Top Senior High Projects
- Students will be awarded an ALL EXPENSE PAID trip for themselves and their sponsoring teacher to compete for over $3,000,000 in scholarships and awards at the Intel ISEF in May.
- Students will also receive a Medallion, $100 Meal Stipend and Trading Pins.
Student Observer Nominees
- Three students in grade 9 will be eligible to attend the Intel ISEF as a student observer. Sponsoring teachers will be eligible to travel with the students.
- Students will also receive Trading Pins if they attend.
**** Total Awarded -- $12,000+ ****
2013 Sponsored Scholarships
Iowa Biotechnology Association Scholarship
- The Iowa Biotechnology Association has donated five (5) $2,000 tuition scholarships to be awarded at the Science and Technology Fair.
- The Iowa Biotechnology Association Tuition Scholarship will be awarded to the five students that exhibit the best use of biotechnology with his or her project.
- All Iowa high school students exhibiting at the fair are eligible.
- If a student attends a college or university outside of the state of Iowa the scholarship is reduced to $1,000.
Iowa Energy Center Youth & Energy Scholarships
- The Iowa Energy Center awards Youth and Energy Scholarships for exceptional energy-related projects exhibited at the SSTFI.
- Energy-related projects can fall under many of the SSTFI project categories.
- Scholarships are awarded to students with energy efficiency or renewable energy related projects:
- Scholarships funds will be provided directly to the college of the student's choice. An additional $500 will be awarded to students who attend an Iowa college, university or community college. Students may win more than one Youth and Energy Scholarship, but the amount of the awards cannot exceed $10,000 (or $11,000 for in-state colleges).
Iowa Space Grant Consortium Scholarship
- The Iowa Space Grant Consortium (ISGC) will provide one tuition scholarship (1) to the top Senior (12th Grade) student exhibiting at the State Science and Technology Fair of Iowa.
- $4,000 Top Senior Exhibitor (1 Award for a total of $4000)
- The scholarships must be applied at a member university: Drake University, Iowa State University, the University of Iowa, or the University of Northern Iowa, with a major in an approved science, technology, engineering or mathematics field. U.S. Citizenship is required.
Iowa State University College of Agriculture and Life Sciences Scholarship
- The ISU College of Agriculture will be awarding $500 scholarships.
- The ISU College of Agriculture Tuition Scholarship will be awarded to the students that exhibit the best use of agriculture with his or her project.
- All Iowa high school students (9-12 grade) exhibiting at the fair are eligible.
- Agriculture is a very broad topic area covering many of the SSTFI high school categories.
- These tuition scholarships may only be applied at Iowa State University with enrollment in the College of Agriculture.
Iowa State University College of Engineering
- The Iowa State University College of Engineering will be awarding one (1) $1000 scholarship.
- This tuition scholarship will be awarded to the top engineering project.
- All Iowa senior high students (9-12 grade) exhibiting an engineering related project at the fair are eligible.
- This tuition scholarship may only be applied at Iowa State University with enrollment in the College of Engineering.
Iowa State University College of Human Sciences
- The College of Human Sciences offers two (2) $2500 Expanding Human Potential Scholarships for middle school students.
- Students receiving scholarships will demonstrate the best applications of Human Sciences related content
- Students in Grades 6, 7, and 8 who exhibit at the fair are eligible for this scholarship
- Exhibits entered in any of the physical or biological sciences categories are eligible, provided that they demonstrate a clear connection to the Human Sciences.
- For more information: http://www.hs.iastate.edu/current-students/scholarships/middle-school-science-and-technology-scholarship/
The University of Iowa College of Engineering
- The University of Iowa College of Engineering will be awarding six (6) $500 scholarships.
- These tuition scholarships will be awarded to the top three Junior High Biological Science projects and to the top three Junior High Physical Science projects.
- All Iowa junior high students (6-8 grade) exhibiting at the fair are eligible.
- These tuition scholarships may only be applied at either the University of Iowa or Iowa State University with enrollment in the College of Engineering.
**** Total Sponsor Scholarships Awarded -- $39,000+ ****